Tuesday, March 12, 2013

March 11 - Lent, Day 27 - A Privilege and a Responsibility


Lenten Reflections, Scott Hahn
Stained glass panel from St. Augustine's, Vineyard Haven, a church of Good Shepherd Parish of Martha's Vineyard.

Do I see Mass as a weekly duty, or as a privilege I want to enjoy as often as possible?

I attend Mass almost every day during the week, and at least once - depending on whether I am leading the songs or not - during the weekend. I consider attending Mass both a duty and a privilege. There are plenty of mornings I don't want to leave my house but I make myself because I know how much attending Mass feeds me - the words and the Eucharist - and serves as armor against the insanity and chaos of the world. After not attending Mass for twelve years, it is a joy and an honor to do so once again.

Dear God, help me to never forget how much I love attending Mass and partaking in your sacraments.

No comments:

Post a Comment