Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March 2 - Lent, Day 18 - God Will Provide


Scott Hahn, Lenten Journey,


What extreme measures is God calling me to take to weed out any unfaithfulness in my own life?

I've been walking the line of faith for years. Every minute of my life is an act of faith. Raising my children on my own with no money was an act of faith. Leaving the Catholic Church and everything familiar to become a Jewish cantor was an act of faith. Returning to the Catholic Church was an act of faith, especially since there was no guarantee that I would ever sing a note of liturgical music again in my life, when it seemed that I had flushed eight years of very hard work down the toilet - that was perhaps one of the biggest tests I've ever endured in my religious journey. Investing blood, sweat, and tears into my grandparents' house, my childhood and present home, with the idea that I can create a viable space from which to make a living with music and photography for the rest of my life as well as a gathering center for friends and family, along with creating something to pass down to my children and their children - it's all an act of faith. And if God doesn't know I'm faithful after giving up beer for six weeks, well, I guess there'll be no convincing the Guy.

Dear God, help me to remember that you have always provided everything I need and to trust that you always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment