Monday, February 18, 2013

February 18 - Lent, Day 6 - The Sacredness of Human Life


Lenten Reflections, Dr. Scott Hahn


Dr. Hahn's questions for today: Who in my life needs to hear how important and sacred life is? How could I make them feel true worth?

One of my grown kids, in response to an accident that injured his hand - though most of his recovery has been miraculous, and certainly the accident could have been truly catastrophic - is very much down in the dumps and seems to have lost his perspective on life. One aspect of his recovery will be challenging, and this has gotten him down. I try to encourage him, but sometimes listening to and meeting a person where he is at is the most helpful, while maintaining my own optimism and faith (and trying to conceal my heart that breaks for him).

Lord, please give me strength to support the people I love; to not be brought down by the darkness that sometimes surrounds me; to stay connected to your reality. You are my light and my salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment