Sunday, February 24, 2013

February 24 - Lent, Day 12 - Broken Hearts, Broken Homes


Dr. Scott Hahn, Lenten Journey, families, healing



Dr. Hahn's question for today: What small way could I make someone in my family happier today?
(You mean, in addition to the blood, sweat and tears I have been giving, and continue to give, 24/7, for the past thirty-nine years?)

I was born with a broken heart, into a broken home, and have spent my life searching for (and mostly finding) healing as well as dedicating myself to the happiness of my family. One of my favorite parts of my photography business is photographing families; on some subliminal level, every family I photograph offers a touch of personal healing.

What small thing for today?
1. Noticing, while walking through the kitchen, that my two small grandchildren (who are in my home, visiting for two weeks) needed drawing paper, I stopped at the 5&10 store on my way home from Mass and bought them a nice new sketch pad, along with a new box of crayons.
2. After one grown son inadvertently got locked out of my house the other day, I had a new key made for him (my home will never be locked to any of my children), at same 5&10.
3. Sat with DIL and went over schedule for the week to plan child care for her two babies.
4. Lent son and DIL my car for the afternoon so they could have a family adventure.


Dr. Scott Hahn, Lenten Journey, families, healing

No comments:

Post a Comment