Friday, September 28, 2012

Return


Immaculate Heart of Mary


When I wrote in yesterday morning's entry, "...fostering the knowledge that God is very near and that all is well... " I had no idea how well things actually were or how good the day was going to get.

Yesterday was my eldest's thirty-eighth birthday. At Mass, during intercessions, I offered a prayer of Thanksgiving (aloud; not typical for me), thanking God for its being my first-born's birthday and requesting that God bless him with love and peace, today and always.

Last night I received a surprise text message from him (the child, not God), a sweet message, ending with, "I love you."

This from one who has been gone from home, out of touch with me for close to two years.

Today I'm remembering that I've prayed to Mary for assistance with my family a few times recently, since re-acquainting myself with the Memorare: "...never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided..." Mary should know about a mother's love, right?

If someday you suddenly see a bathtub on my front lawn with a statue of Mary in it, you'll know why.

Spring up, oh well!

The Memorare

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you I come; before you I stand sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate! Despise not my petitions, but in your mercy hear and answer me. Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment